Contract Work

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'm Back!

After a hiatus (which was admittedly even longer than I thought it was!), I've decided that everyone’s got to start somewhere. So, in an attempt to re-commit to blogging, and not let this be another dead technical blog on the interwebs, this is a simple update post. I had envisioned doing something more substantial than just an update but after watching “post on blog” float on my to-do list from one week to the next, I figured its best to just get something up and try to get things going again.

Since the last time I blogged, I am still at General Assembly, learning new things every day. I spoke at Ruby Nation 2015 about presenters! My first technical talk. I took a mobile development/swift course, attended Strangeloop and DCamp again, and had a baby (there will definitely be a future post about taking maternity eave as a newer developer AND having to take pumping breaks as a dev, two things that I've found very difficult).

I'm looking forward to getting back to posts about things I'm learning like more Javascript and writing better tests, things I've found newly challenging like anything related to coding and babies, and things I've gotten better at like being a remote junior developer. My goal is to post at least once a month so see you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment