Contract Work

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Interesting Reads 6/7/14 - 6/13/2014

Busy busy busy this week but I was still able to read a few interesting things. Even though I'm not using Ember on a daily basis anymore, it's still an interesting framework to me so there's an ember post, a little bit of debugging, and then two good soft skills posts. Finally, I haven't had time to finish watching all the railsconf talks I want to but I'm not sure when that will happen so i'll post the talks that are still on my list below.

Enjoy!


Learn to code, learn to think: http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/06/09/320309576/learn-to-code-learn-to-think

Feeling like a fraud? Everyone does! https://medium.com/theli-st-medium/everyone-feels-like-a-fraud-530cfc9c774d

Debugging in Rails. A great collection of tools to use and posts on how to use them.

Terminology and what it means in rails vs. ember. This was a great post but I think the most confusing piece for me when learning was the use of the term routes and what that means in rails vs. ember so i'm a little disappointed that they didn't include it.

RailsConf talks I haven't quite gotten to:

The Rails of Javascript won't be a framework


All the small things

Aaron Patterson's closing keynote

Lightning fast deployment of your rails-backed Javascript app

DHH's Keynote

No comments:

Post a Comment